The main alternative to a limited company trading option is to operate via an umbrella company.
Our Umbrella Service is operated by our sister company SmartWork. They are also FCSA accredited, just like us, and one of the trusted umbrella providers of some of the largest recruitment agencies in the UK. They have been around since 2002, so they know their stuff!
For newcomers to contracting, the umbrella option offers great flexibility and simplicity. It can be a great stepping stone to a limited company, looking to build on your contracts and earn more. It’s ideal for short-term contracts, and all roles are inside IR35, so there are no worries on that score. All relevant deductions are made at the source with all the paperwork done for you; all you have to do is submit your time and expenses.
Benefits of being an umbrella employee:
- Easy and quick set up in just a few hours
- No admin responsibilities – payroll, invoicing, chasing payments are all taken care of
- No need to worry about tax deadlines
- Ideal for short-term contracts
How does it work?
- Our sister company SmartWork will hold an agreement with your recruitment agency or end client
- By following our simple sign up process, you will then receive a Flexible Employee Contract with Smartwork
- As an employee of SmartWork, you will be entitled to the same benefits and employment rights as any other worker
- You will submit your timesheets and expenses through the SmartPortal or via email
- SmartWork will invoice your agency or end client for the work you have undertaken
- SmartWork receive the funds from your agency
- And finally the most important part – you get paid! We deduct any taxes, National Insurance and our margin and provide you with a detailed breakdown via your payslip
And that’s it! It’s incredibly simple!
Our umbrella services start from just £10 per week.
Visit SmartWork’s detailed take-home calculator for downloadable results here, or fill in your details below, and one of our business managers will get back to you with a tailored quote. If you prefer to call, you can reach us on 0800 434 6446.