Chancellor George Osborne's fourth Budget statement was delivered on 20 March 2013 against a challenging domestic and global economic backdrop.
The UK economy shrank by 0.3 per cent at the end of 2012. In February, the UK economy lost its AAA credit rating with ratings agency Moody's for the first time since the 1970s. On the morning of the Budget, Office for National Statistics figures showed that the unemployed figure grew by 7,000 from November 2012 to January.
The Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) revised its forecast for growth down to 0.6 per cent for 2013, from its previous estimate of 1.2 per cent growth for this year. It cited weaker than expected outlooks for consumer spending, business investment and exports for its decision.
The Budget announces the Government's budgetary plans and this serves as a reminder to us all that we should ensure that our personal and business budgets and plans reflect the reality of our available income and necessary expenditure.
Our Budget Report details all of the announcements made on 20 March 2013. Subsequent to Budget Day, HM Revenue & Customs continues to issue further announcements.
We can help you review your plans; adapting them as necessary to take into account the ongoing challenging economic environment and your own personal circumstances, plans and objectives.
HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OF OUR SERVICES
- Please read the Report as soon as possible
- Contact us to discuss any action you may be considering, and to review your longer term plans. We always welcome the opportunity to advise.
- About us
- Client only area
- HMRC Forms
- VAT Forms
- Companies house forms
- Profit improvement
- Hiring winning sales staff
- Manufacturers need smart stock management
- Profit sharing is investing in your bottom line
- Seven ways to protect your business against a downturn
- Strategic alliances can help your business grow quickly
- Can we help you improve your profitability?
- Increasing your cashflow
- No business is an island unto itself
- Remunerating for profitability
- Small players can take advantage of their market share
- Three steps to cheaper financing
- Dividend calculator
- Net to gross calculator
- Resource centre
- Recent publications
- Contact us